What it will cost you to taste wine in the Napa Valley in 2016This is our third year of calculating the Napa Valley Tasting Room Index. Its purpose is to give travelers a rough estimate of what it costs in fees to taste wine in the Napa Valley. We are using the same tasting rooms that we chose in 2014 and 2015. These are walk-in tasting rooms, with no appointment needed for the basic or entry level wine tasting. All of these tasting rooms are along Highway 29 and are visible from the road. This is a totally unscientific collection of data, but it does show that the fees rise annually. If two people visit 8 tasting rooms on the coming weekend, the total costs will come to $180.
Napa Valley Tasting Room Index 2016These wine tasting fees represent the entry level wine tasting.
- Alpha Omega – $30 for two reds and two whites
- Beaulieu Vineyards – $20 for four wines
- Beringer Wines – $25 for three wines
- Grgich Hills – $20 for five wines
- Louis Martini – $25 for four red wines
- Peju Province – $25
- Provenance – $25 for four red wines
- Rutherford Grove -$25
- Sequoia Grove – $20
- Whitehall Lane – $15 for four wines