For hosting a serious wine tasting party you will need:
- Bags to completely cover the wines. Removing the entire foil on the neck of the bottle might also be a good idea.
- A spit cup. Why? Because one can only drink so much wine before the taste buds and sense of smell fade. Plastic beer cups make for ideal spit cups.
- Plain crackers or bread sticks are needed to clear the palate.
- Open all the wines, cover them with the bags, and label each bag with a number or letter of the alphabet.
- Set the wine glasses out on the wine placemat. Fill each glass with 2 to 4 oz. of wine.
- Make sure you pour the correctly labeled wine into the corresponding wine glass on the placemat.All the wine glasses should have the same amount of wine.
- There are various ways to conduct the tasting. The wines can be tasted one at a time followed by discussion. Or, each person can taste all the wines independently and then talk about the wines, and then do a taste again of any wine in doubt.
- Score the wines, tally each taster’s score and then rank all the wines.
Wine Tasting Club – Hosting Tips | Select a Topic
- The Fun and Not So Serious Wine Tasting Party
- A More Formal Wine Tasting Party
- Starting A Wine Club
- Wine Scoring Sheets and Forms
- Wine Themes
- Checklist for a Successful Wine Tasting