Are you in the San Francisco Bay Area on business? How about finding a time slot for visiting the famous California wine country? From San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, or Sacramento there are plenty of winery choices for a half-day quick trip.
These quick getaways are for the traveler on the go or convention attendees who have only half a day to spare for a California Wine Country Getaway. These mini-trips are very doable and rewarding is a short amount of time. Don’t go back home without visiting the wine country of California. Yes, it is okay to sneak away from that convention meeting. Make an appointment before you head to any of these wineries. Do not expect to drop in and be able to taste.
Suggested Quick Wine Country Trips
Quick Getaways From S.F./Oakland Bay Bridge – Three Wine Trails
• Napa Valley – Stags Leap Appellation – Cabernets
• Napa Valley – Domaine Chandon, Robert Mondavi
• Carneros – Artesa, Domaine Carneros
Quick Getaways From the S.F. Golden Gate Bridge – Two Wine Trails
• Sonoma Valley – Carneros & Lower Sonoma Valley
• Town of Sonoma – Oldest wineries in California
Quick Wine Getaways From San Jose or Santa Clara – Two Wine Trails
• Santa Cruz Mountains off Highway 17 Pinot Noir Wineries
• Santa Cruz Mountains off Highway 85 Boutique Wineries
Quick Wine Getaways From the Sacramento Area
• Sierra Foothill – Shenandoah Valley – Sangiovese, Zin