April is a great time to visit wine country, with Spring in full swing and the vineyards coming to life with new growth. While wine tasting is certainly a highlight of any trip to wine country, there are plenty of other fun things to do in April besides sipping vino. Easter is April 9th, and Easter Brunch is always fun in wine country. Spring break is here, so bring the kids to wine country.
Many fun things to do in the month of April in wine country
Here are some ideas for a memorable trip to wine country in April:
- Take a hot air balloon ride: There’s no better way to take in the stunning views of wine country than from above. A hot air balloon ride will give you a bird’s-eye view of the rolling hills and vineyards, and the peaceful ride is a perfect way to start your day.
- Go on a bike tour: Rent a bike and explore the winding roads of wine country at your own pace. Many wineries offer bike-friendly routes, and you can stop along the way to take in the scenery and taste some of the local food. Wine Country Bike Tour
- Attend a cooking class: Wine and food go hand-in-hand, and there’s no better way to learn how to pair them than with a cooking class. Many wineries offer cooking classes where you can learn from professional chefs and enjoy a delicious meal. Napa Valley Cooking – Sonoma Cooking
- Take a hike: Wine country is filled with beautiful hiking trails, and April is the perfect time to explore them. With wildflowers blooming and the weather mild, you can take in the natural beauty of the region while getting some exercise. Wine Country Hiking
- Visit a farmers’ market: Wine country is known for its fresh, local produce, and visiting a farmers’ market is a great way to taste the flavors of the region. You can stock up on ingredients for a picnic or a dinner back at your lodging.
- Explore the arts: Wine country is home to many talented artists, and April is a great time to see their work. Visit galleries and studios to see paintings, sculptures, and other artwork that captures the beauty and spirit of wine country. Napa Valley Art and Wine Trail
- Enjoy a wine country picnic in the vineyards
- Attend a festival: Wine country is known for its lively festivals, and April is no exception. From the Napa Valley Arts Festival to the Sonoma International Film Festival, there’s always something happening in wine country.
- Because of the amazing rainfall this winter, wildflowers should be in full bloom through the end of April. There should be many wildflowers growing on the borders of vineyards. Check the list of wine country hiking. Take a hike and view the wildflowers.
In conclusion, wine country offers a wealth of experiences beyond wine tasting, especially in the month of April. Whether you prefer outdoor adventures, culinary experiences, or cultural events, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this beautiful region. So, plan your trip now and get ready for a memorable time!