What was once a sleepy little resort town on the Russian River is now the chic and fashionable place to be in the wine country. Healdsburg has many fine restaurants and elegant hotels and B&B’s. There are over 80 nearby wineries located on beautiful backcountry roads. Healdsburg has many attractions for the entire family. There so many fun things to do in Healdsburg.
Best things to do in Healdsburg besides food and wine
- Watch our Travel Tips for Healdsburg video to get some great ideas for your getaway.
- Taste the best coffee at the Flying Goat on 324 Center St.
- Costeaux French Bakery for breads, breakfast, and lunch
- Stroll the streets around the Plaza for some fun window shopping.
- Have a gourmet sandwich on the terrace of the Oakville Grocery. Or, pack your lunch to the best picnic spot in wine country, the Lambert Bridge, just four miles away on West Dry Creek Road.
- Browse Copperfield’s Books on 104 Matheson.
- Take a ten-minute drive north and visit Geyserville.
- Shop at Big John’s Market. Way better than Whole Foods.
- Best Mexican market in town: Lola’s Market, 102 Healdsburg Avenue
- Arrange for a visit at the gallery of wine artist Bob Johnson.
- Do not miss the Paul Mahder art gallery. It is a marvel!
- More art galleries in Healdsburg
- Loads of antique shopping
Other Activities in Healdsburg
- Hiking – Armstrong State Park – Healdsburg Ridge – Riverfront Regional Park
- Canoeing and Kayaking, Getaway Adventures Kayak Trips
- Charles Schutz Museum
- Top Spa – Osmosis in Freestone
Golfing in Healdsburg and Monte Rio
Taste at these Top Wineries
- Dry Creek Valley
- Russian River Road
- Alexander Valley
- Green Valley
- Olivet Road Trail
- Healdsburg Tasting Rooms