Healdsburg has become the destination spot for many wine lovers. In addition to elegant lodging and gourmet restaurants, Healdsburg now has a plethora of tasting rooms to explore. Here is a list of our favorite wine tasting rooms in and around the Healdsburg Plaza. Enjoy a stop in between wine tastings at one of the many boutique shops.
Don’t Miss These Healdsburg Tasting Rooms:
In a cool and casual setting guests can enjoy a tasting of six wines. Pinot Noir is the specialty at Banshee. Wines by the glass are also sold. Three guys started Banshee at the Crushpad in San Francisco in 2007. Today they are wildly successful and produce 40,000 case of wine per year.
325 Center Street, Open daily 11 to 7 pm. Banshee Wines
Hawley Winery is located in the Bradford Mountain area of Dry Creek Valley. Most visitors are unaware of the winery so the Hawley Family decided to open a more convenient spot for tasting their delicious wines. This tasting room in Healdsburg also showcases the artwork of Dana Hawley.
36 North Street, Open daily 11 to 6 pm. Hawley Winery
The husband and wife team, Jane Portalupi and Tim Borges established Portalupi in 2002. The inspiration for making wine comes from their rich Italian heritage. The wines produced are not only traditional wines but also Italian varieties including Barbera, Charbono, and Vermentino. Besides a regular tasting, food and wine pairing featuring four wines matched with local artisan cheeses and hand cured salumi. The wine and food pairing require a reservation 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, walk-ins are welcome.
107 North Street, open daily 11 to 7 pm.
(707) 395-0960 Portalupi Wines
This is a boutique winery, about 2000 cases owned and operated by a husband-wife team. The focus is on red wines with just a small case production for each varietal produced. The tasting room is very attractive and inviting. This combination of good wines and a welcoming tasting room make for a must-stop on your wine tasting excursion.
102 Matheson St, Open daily 11 to 6 pm., Thumbprint Cellars
If you are traveling to Healdsburg and the surrounding wine country for the first time be sure to read and view: Healdsburg Travel Tips
More Wine Tasting Rooms in Healdsburg near the Plaza
- Cartograph – 340 Center Street, open daily 12 – 6:30 pm
- Ferreri-Carrano – 113 Plaza St., open Tue-Sun 11 6 pm
- Hartford Family Winery – 331 Healdsburg Ave., open daily 11 -5:30 pm
- Murphy-Goode – 20 Matheson Street, open daily 10:30 to 5:30 pm
- La Crema – 235 Healdsburg Avenue, open daily 10:30 to 5:30 pm
- Longboard Vineyards – 5 Fitch Street, open Thurs. to Sunday 11 to 5 pm
- Seghesio – 700 Grove Street, open daily 10 to 5 pm
- Stephen & Walker – 243 Healdsburg Ave, open Daily 11 to 7 pm
- Stonesteet Wines – 337 Healdsburg Ave. open Mon-Sat from 10:30 to 5:30 pm
- Toad Hollow Vineyards – 409A Healdsburg Ave, open daily 10:30 to 5:30 pm
- Topel – 125 Matheson Street, open daily 11 to 7 pm
- Williamson Winery – 134 Matheson St, open daily 11 to 7 pm
Old Roma Station
Seven wineries make their tasting room location at the Old Roma Station. Just off the Healdsburg public beach access to the Russian River, visitors can taste wines Hudson Street, Hart’s Desire, Holdredge, Leo Steen, Pezzi King, Sapphire Hill, and Hirsch.
57 Front Street.
Always double check by visiting the wineries website to make sure tasting room hours and fees. Tasting rooms in Healdsburg always seem to be in flex.
Tips for your Healdsburg Wine Tour
- You are encouraged to have a designated driver. Consider hiring a limousine or van service.
- First time to a winery in Healdsburg? Find out what happens in a typical tasting room.
- Are you wondering about how to taste wine? Wine Tasting Techniques
- If you cannot picnic, enjoy a delicious lunch at one of Healdsburg’s many fine restaurants.
- We list Healdsburg lodging.
- Pace yourself and make a day of wine tasting.
- Visiting three wineries in one day is enough to you keep you busy and content with the slow and easy pace of wine country.
- Please read our Disclaimer Document on the information contained on Wine Country Getaways.