Napa Valley Wine Tasting Index
Planning trip to the Napa Valley? Be sure to include wine tasting fees in your expenses. Realize that wine tasting fees will take a big chunk out of your budget.
For 2022 we’ve seen a significant increase for travelers to sit down and taste wine at a winery. Many wineries are offering lavish types of wine tasting experiences beyond a basic tasting of four or five wines. Wineries find that a wine and food pairing menu, vineyards walks, and tours attract more tourists and is more profitable. One significant change since COVID is that most wineries require a reservation. Drop-in visits are no longer the norm.
We list the tasting fees for ten wineries along Highway 29 in the Napa Valley. For purposes of the index, we are listing the price of an entry-level tasting.
Napa Valley Tasting Room Index 2022
These wine tasting fees represent the entry-level wine tasting.
- Alpha Omega – $75 – Two whites and two reds
- Beaulieu Vineyards – $55 – Five vintages of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Beringer Wines – $45 for five wines
- Grgich Hills – $60 for five wines
- Louis Martini – $55 for three wines
- Peju Province – $50 for five wines
- Pestoni Family Estate Winery – $40 for four wines
- Robert Mondavi – $65 – Seated, one-hour tasting
- Sequoia Grove – $40 – for four wines
- Whitehall Lane – $56 – for four wines
Back in 2020, just before the start of the Pandemic, the average tasting fee for a basic tasting for this set of wineries was $32.50. Today, the average is $54 per person. We are providing links to each winery. Tasting fees and tasting procedures are in a fluid state. Be sure to book your tasting reservations long before your trip to the Napa Valley.