- Malbec is a red wine, medium to heavy body, with a dark color and flavors of cherry, strawberry, and plum.
- Malbec is made by only a few California wineries. In France, Malbec is often used in small amounts as a blend in Bordeaux wines. In Argentina, the Malbec is the most widely planted grape. It is the king of Argentine wines.
- California Malbec wines can be big and tannic compared to Argentine Malbec.
Where to Find Really Good California Malbec on our Wine Trails
- Arrowood Vineyards- Sonoma Valley Wine Trail
- Francis Ford Coppola – Upper Alexander Valley Wine Trail
- Mauritson – Dry Creek Road Wine Trail
- Stryker-Sonoma – Lower Alexander Valley Wine Trail
- Rancho Sisquoc – Foxen Canyon Road Wine Trail
- Yorkville – Anderson Valley Wine Trail