Look out Napa, Sonoma, Healdsburg. Here comes Paso Robles. Once known for its cowboy culture, today the main tourist attraction is the rapidly growing wine region located in the surrounding countryside. With the emerging wine industry, the town businesses and shops are now a mix of the old and new. There is a little bit of something for everyone to do in this wine country town. Here is our list of favorite Paso Robles activities.
Top Things to Do in Paso Robles
• Have a good cup of coffee at the Amderstan Coffee House, 725 13th Street.
• Stroll the streets surrounding the City Park for some great shopping. A few suggestions:
• Pick up a gourmet picnic lunch at Panolivo or the Odyssey World Cafe and head to the wineries. Robert Hall on Highway East 46 has a lavish new tasting room and picnic area. On Highway West 46 is the Peachy Canyon Winery. Here the tasting room is a quaint cottage and the picnic area is surrounded by spectacular vineyards.
• Visit a wine bar in downtown Paso Robles and sample local wines:
• Hearst Castle is 40 minutes away
• More shopping is available 30 minutes away in Cambria
• Rent a boat and play in Lake Nacimiento Resort
• Have a glass of wine on the patio of the Villa Creek Restaurant
• Sit down for a food and wine pairing at Daou Vineyards
Additional Paso Robles Wine Trail Information
- Paso Robles Wine Country Planning Guide
- Best restaurants in Paso Robles
- Suggested Paso Robles Wine Routes
- Travel Tips – Paso Robles
- Best Lodging in Paso Robles