- Pinot Gris (s is silent) and Pinot Grigio are the same grape. In California, Pinot Gris is the most commonly used name for this varietal.
- Pinot Gris is a refreshing crisp wine, with some acidity. It is a wine that goes well with a variety of foods. It is light to medium in body and usually dry. The color is light to pale straw.
- Pinot Gris goes well with appetizers and light fish without heavy sauces. A halibut steak prepared on the grill is a great match. It also pairs well with salads.
- Tired of Sauvignon Blanc? Pinot Gris is a wonderful and refreshing alternative.
- The aromas and flavors are floral, peach, pear, citrus, and some spice.
- This varietal is found in Italy, where it is called Pinot Grigio. It is also grown in the Alsace region of France.
Wineries on our Wine Trails producing Pinot Gris
- Cline Cellars – Pinot Gris/Chardonnay (64% Pinot Gris)