- Petite Sirah originates from the Rhone Valley in France.
- Petite Sirah is closely related to the Syrah grape. The taste and flavors of Petite Sirah and Syrah wines are very similar.
- Aroma – blackberry and some spice. Flavors – mouth filling and jammy blackberry, black pepper, some chocolate.
- Petite Sirah is not petite. It is a robust wine with a dark inky color.
- Petite Sirah pairs well with barbequed steak, ribs, cheese, and other robust foods.
Wineries on our Wine Trails that Produce Petite Sirah
Russian River Wineries – Sonoma West
Santa Cruz Mountains
* Rosenblum has a tasting room in Alameda and Healdsburg, CA