On Sunday, April 1, the San Francisco Chronicle Food Editor Michael Bauer came out with his annual list of Top 100 Restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are planning a trip this year to wine country, you probably will want to consider dining at one of these fabulous wine country restaurants on Michael Bauer’s elite list.
- Ad Hoc – Yountville
- Bottega – Yountville
- Bistro Don Giovanni – Napa
- Bouchon* – Yountville
- Cyrus* – Healdsburg
- French Laundry – Yountville
- Mateo’s Cocina Latina – Healdsburg
- Oenotri – Napa
- Press – St. Helena
- Redd* – Yountville
- Restaurant at Meadowood* – St. Helena
- Sante* – Sonoma
- Scopa – Healdsburg
- Solbar* – Calistoga
- Terra* – St. Helena
- Willi’s Wine Bar – Santa Rosa
These restaurants were left off the list this year:
- Ubuntu – Napa
- Angele – Napa
These are popular restaurants so be sure to make reservations well in advance of your trip. For the French Laundry, you might need a year in advance for weekend excursions.
We like the following restaurants very much and wonder why they are not on the Top 100 Restaurant List:
- All Seasons Bistro – Calistoga
- Mustard’s- Yountville
- Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen – St. Helena
- Cook – St. Helena
- Grace’s Table – Napa
- Bistro Ralph – Healdsburg
- Diavola Pizzeria & Salumeria – Geyserville
* Restaurants that also have Michelin Stars.
Christian G.E. Schiller says
I ate at Bouchon recently. Here is my report http://schiller-wine.blogspot.com/2012/02/steak-frites-at-thomas-kellers-1-star.html on schiller-wine
We have to eat at Bouchon on our next trip. We have not been in years and need to revisit. We like Ad Hoc very much just down the block from Bouchon.