What was once a sleepy little resort town on the Russian River is now the chic and fashionable place to be in the wine country. Healdsburg has many fine restaurants and elegant hotels and B&B’s. There are over 80 nearby wineries located on beautiful backcountry roads. Healdsburg has many attractions for the entire family
Best things to do in Healdsburg besides food and wine
- Watch our Travel Tips for Healdsburg video to get some great ideas for your getaway.
- Taste the best coffee at the Flying Goat on 324 Center St. Or, try the best pastry at the Costeaux French Bakery .
- Stroll the streets around the Plaza for some fun window shopping.
- Have a gourmet sandwich on the terrace of the Oakville Grocery. Or, pack your lunch to the best picnic spot in wine country, the Lambert Bridge, just four miles away on West Dry Creek Road.
- Browse Copperfield’s Book’s on 104 Matheson.
- Take a ten-minute drive north and visit Geyserville.
- Shop at Big John’s Market. Way better than Whole Foods.
- Best Mexican market in town: Lola’s Market, 102 Healdsburg Avenue
- Arrange for a visit at the gallery of wine artist Bob Johnson.
- Take in one of the many community events at the Raven Theater.
Other Top Things to Do in Healdsburg
- Hiking – Armstrong State Park – Lake Sonoma – Healdsburg Ridge – Riverfront Regional Park
- Canoeing and Kayaking, Getaway Adventures Kayak Trips
- Lake Sonoma – Fish Hatchery and Picnic Area
- Charles Schutz Museum
- Top Spa – Osmosis in Freestone
Golfing in Healdsburg and Monte Rio
Visit the Top Wineries
- Dry Creek Valley
- Russian River Road
- Alexander Valley
- Green Valley
- Olivet Road Trail
- Healdsburg Tasting Rooms
Where to stay and dine
- Places to stay in or near Healdsburg
- Places to Dine in or near Healdsburg
- Where to picnic near Healdsburg
- Top Deli’s in or near Healdsburg
- Healdsburg wine country planning guide
- Healdsburg wine country travel guide and video