Our definition of best wine bargains and values
1. A wine that we think is equal to or better than wines twice the price.
2. A wine that is too good to pass up at that price.
3. Read GoodCheapVino.com – the wine blog that searches for the ultimate wine bargain each day.
These top California wines are available in most large wine shops and warehouse stores and are all under $20. We did not put a vintage date on any of these wines. Year after year these wines hold up as value wines. There are among the best wine bargains.
Bargain White Wines
- Niner Estates Sauvignon Blanc $13 to $15
- Hanna Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc $11 to $15
- Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc $12 to $14
- Markham Sauvignon Blanc $12to $14
- Bonterra Chardonnay $11
- Wente Vineyards Morning Fog $13 to $15
- Zaca Mesa Chardonnay $12 – $15
- Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc – Viognier $10 to $13
- Dry Creek Valley Chenin Blanc $10 to $12
- Gruet Brut or Rosé sparkling wine $15
Bargain Red Wines
- Domaine De La Terra Rough Syrah $13 – $16
- Sobon Rocky Top Zinfandel $13 to $15
- Buehler Vineyards Zinfandel $17
- Renwood Old Vine Zinfandel $15
- Buehler Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon $20
- Foppiano Russian River Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $17.50
- Louis Martini Sonoma Cabernet – $11 to $15
- Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon – $18 to $20
- Sebastiani Merlot $15
- Foppiano Russian River Valley Petite Sirah $15.00